Town of Waterloo Cemetery/Park Seasonal Get an application or mail your resume to Waterloo Town Hall, 280 S Wayne Street, Waterloo IN 46793;
Town of Waterloo
Cemetery/Park Seasonal Employee
Street Department Job Description
Job Description: Cemetery/Park Seasonal Employee
Assists superintendent with maintenance of parks and cemetery, and other duties for the Town of Waterloo as may be requested.
Type of Position: Part Time
Work Hours and Conditions: Monday thru Thursday 7:00 A.M.-2:00 P.M up to 29 hours a week
Pay: This position is paid hourly $10.91 per hour based on experience and qualifications, pay to be determined by the Town Council.
To apply: Applications are available at the Waterloo Town Hall, 280 S. Wayne Street, Waterloo, IN 46793 and must be submitted to the Town of Waterloo before 3 p.m. on Friday, March 15.
Employment Qualifications: Required:
- Must be present for meetings and trainings
- Must be able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- MUST be able to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the general public.
- Have some knowledge of safety regulations
Preferred: Have some experience in performing a variety of skilled trades and/or maintenance work including:
- General maintenance/repair of town equipment
- Landscaping experience
- Snow removal experience
- General construction skills
- Be able to perform manual labor for extended periods of time under unfavorable climatic conditions.
- Develop skills in the use of hand held tools, power tools, and other equipment required by work.
- Significant standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. chest high
- Ability to transfer machinery, equipment and supplies that may exceed 100 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver over uneven terrain and in small work areas
- Able to work outdoors and in all weather conditions
Tools and Equipment used:
- Various amounts of hand and power tools
- Riding lawn mowers, brush chippers, weed eaters, chain saws, hand tampers and shovels, leaf loaders and other landscape equipment
- Construction tools, pavement breakers, chain saws, and pumps
Employee will be working under supervision of the Street Superintendent as well as the Town Manager. Tasks will be given for employee to complete independently. Employee will occasionally have contact with the public when performing essential functions for the town, and will be expected to be polite and courteous. Punctuality and a friendly demeanor is expected. Employee must maintain strict confidentiality regarding Town issues and projects.
The Street Superintendent and Town of Waterloo reserve the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Employment is subject to Town Council employment handbook or employee policy. This employment is “at will” as is understood in the State of Indiana. The Waterloo Town Council is the employer.