skip to Main Content

Pay my water/sewer bill

Water and Sewer payments can be made online through the Waterloo payment portal.

Payments can also be mailed to P.O. Box 96, Waterloo, IN 46793. They can also be dropped in the secure payment box on the north side of the town office in the drive through or brought into the town office. Office hours are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Request street work

Contact Street Superintendent Dave Wolfe at 260-837-7623 or

Register to vote

You can register to vote, change your registration address, find your polling place and do other voter related tasks by going to the Indiana Voters web site and selecting the task you wish to accomplish. In many cases you can complete the process online or you may print forms to be mailed to the appropriate offices.

Get an ILP permit

Many improvements to your property require the proper permit.  Download information about permits here: Improvement Location Permits (Requirements)

Download the instructions and the form here (PDF).ILP_Instructions_Waterloo

Visit the Beacon web site to view the property, draw in the proposed buildings, and print as an attachment to the application.

Get a demolition permit

A permit is required if you plan to demolish something on your property. Contact Code Enforcement at (260) 837-7428 or for more information.

Application for Demolition of Structures

Get a permit to raise chickens

Download the Request for Chicken Permit form.

Complete the form and submit it with $5 at the Waterloo utility office/Town Hall.

Rent the Community Room in the Depot

The Waterloo Historic Depot is available for rent.

Town Residents                $ 75   plus deposit $75 and sales tax

Non-Resident                    $100  plus deposit $75 and sales tax

Not for Profit Groups      $ 30   Maintenance fee, plus deposit

Rent the Park pavilion

The Waterloo Park Pavilion in Thomson Park is available for rent.

Town Residents                $ 40   plus deposit ($20) and sales tax

Non-Resident                    $60  plus deposit ($20) and sales tax

Not for Profit Groups      $ 30   Maintenance fee, plus deposit

Park Rental Rules click here for rental information.

Submit a development plan

For new construction, a development plan may be required.

Download the information here (PDF). (Download the free Adobe Reader for PDFs here.)

Apply for a tax phase in

Businesses applying for tax abatements may use this Excel document.

Download the form here (Excel) and file with the town manager at

The request will be reviewed by town council during public hearings.

Submit a nomination for Waterloo Pride

Go to our Waterloo Pride page to nominate a resident for this award.


Recycling and trash service are included with your sewer and water bills. Nationwide, improper recycling practices have caused tons of wasted renewables to be moved to landfills or worse-to pile up in mounds of litter. Please do your part to recycle correctly.

Click for a few tips (PDF):  Recycling When in doubt